Five Must-Have Attributes of a F&B Website
There are 400 million internet users in India. That is a huge potential market that you simply cannot afford to ignore, no matter how packed your restaurant is running.
The power of the internet is incredible and a great website for your F&B can tap into this huge potential.
Only one ninth of an iceberg is visible. The greater part is not visible. A website is no different.
There are many aspects of a website is invisible and these factors could make a big difference to the success of your website. Many organizations are anxious about how good-looking their website is or will be. While looks are important they can also be deceiving.
If you are getting your restaurant's website developed, you should go beyond looks. Here are the five attributes that your restaurant website must have:
1. Rich and Dynamic Content - Great content like photos or beautifully crafted text increases the stickiness of your site. Visitors to your site can start following your website and sharing details. Keep changing the content so that your visitors will keep coming back. Nobody reads yesterday's newspaper!
2. Responsive Template - Millions are viewing websites on smartphones and tablets and not just computers. Your website must display in all devices and in all browsers. If your website does not adjust to different devices, you will have lost tens of thousands of your potential customers
3. Search Engine Friendly - The biggest source of traffic should be search engines. There are certain things that Google loves and hates. Google's pet peeves range from slow loading websites to URL structures to a lack of information that it reads and understands. Make sure that your website is search-engine friendly
4. Your F&B Has a Story, Tell it - If your F&B has a compelling story, express it through your website. Your F&B website is not about you or your organization. Too many times, this objective is lost and F&B owners either speak of themselves and their companies and overshadowing the F&B brand or they delegate the responsibility to someone
5. Avoid Bells and Whistles - Website designers often put in music, flash videos and other features to make your F&B website "jazzy". Google certainly hates these. Most people would too, if some music starts playing when they open your website at office. Keep it simple but meaningful